I received a doctor’s bill even though it was for a doctor visit authorized by the insurance adjuster. What do I do?

You are not responsible for any of the medicals bills
that are incurred as long as you are being treated
by the authorized workers’ compensation treating

The best step to take is to mail a copy of
it to the insurance adjuster and also call the billing
department of the medical provider and tell them to
mail the bill directly to the insurance adjuster. Give
them the workers’ compensation insurance claim
number and adjuster’s name and phone number


About the Author:

The Injured Workers Law Firm is a Richmond, Virginia based firm solely focused on serving clients with workers' compensation claims in Virginia. If you have questions about your benefits or if you would like more information on the Virginia Workers’ Compensation system, order our book, “The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia” , or call our office today (804) 755-7755.