A Richmond, Virginia, attorney who handles cases that involve the Workers’ Compensation claim process (and related matters) has one main goal: to get you the maximum amount of injury benefits possible. There are several reasons for this – first, as an injured employee, you are entitled to certain protections and provisions under the law; second, the more money a workplace injury attorney wins for you, the more he or she earns.
Many of these types of lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means that they earn a percentage of what you ultimately are awarded. Because it costs you nothing to retain the services of a Richmond, Virginia, attorney, it’s highly advisable that you do so for a number of reasons. A workplace injury attorney will:
- educate you about the Workers’ Compensation claim process and the particular issues that apply to your case;
- gather evidence needed to prove your case, including medical records, payroll data and witness statements;
- conduct a rigorous analysis to determine if there are any warranted third-party claims you can pursue;
- determine if there are any liens on the case;
- obtain reports from the physician;
- contact the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission to notify it of the claim and to file a formal claim for benefits;
- help you determine if there is any room for negotiation if the company is willing to settle;
- prepare you, witnesses or any medical providers for depositions or hearings;
- organize, prepare and present medical exhibits; and
- provide advice on how to deal with nurse case managers, vocational rehabilitation specialists, insurance adjusters, employer issues and more.
As you can see, the duties of a workplace injury attorney in Virginia are far more extensive than simply filing motions, shuffling paperwork or showing up at a trial. The preparation and education that goes into a well-prepared Workers’ Compensation case and the peace of mind that you will receive as a result are invaluable. Reach out to an attorney in Richmond, Virginia, who can help you.
Contact Richmond, Virginia, Attorney about Your Virginia Work Accident
When you have difficulties with your work-related injury claim, a Virginia Workers’ Comp attorney can bear some of your burden. To get back on your feet, whether it means getting back to work or getting the benefits you deserve, order a copy of our free book to learn more about workplace injuries statistics. Call to get the Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia, and contact a Workers’ Comp attorney at the Injured Workers Law Firm for a no-cost consultation – 1-877-755-7744 or 1-804-755-7755.