What happens if your condition gets worse after your benefits have stopped, and you’ve gone back to work?

A lot of clients have their condition to get worse after their benefits have stopped, and find themselves needing to go back to work. If your condition worsens and a doctor takes you back out of work, you can apply for additional benefits. This is called a change in condition application. You must do so, however, within two years from the date the last compensation payment was made pursuant to an Award order. If you’ve been voluntarily paid sporadically, this does not stop the two years from running. This is another reason why its’ very important always to get your Award orders entered for all benefits and time periods


About the Author:

The Injured Workers Law Firm is a Richmond, Virginia based firm solely focused on serving clients with workers' compensation claims in Virginia. If you have questions about your benefits or if you would like more information on the Virginia Workers’ Compensation system, order our book, “The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia” , or call our office today (804) 755-7755.