In our office we get calls all the time from current and former clients who have questions about divorce. Sometimes those calls come from military spouses. We always refer these callers to a fantastic book that explains in ins and outs of Virginia divorce law especially as it applies to the military.
Charlie Hofhiemer and his team are one of the leading law firms for divorce in Virginia. Mr. Hofheimer has a niche – he only represents women in divorce and custody issues.
Charlie Hofheimer has also done a great job by authoring a book that is directed toward the military and divorce since being in the military presents its own unique set of circumstances.
Included in terrific legalese-free book, you’ll find:
- A step-by-step overview of the divorce process in Virgina
- Answers to pressing questions like How is Property Divided in Virgina? and How will I provide for my children after divorce?
- A look at “nitty-gritty” military topics such as:
- The UCCJEA, UIFSA, SBP, TSP, and the post-911 GI Bill
- Military Retirement Benefits
- How your impending divorce affects your rights to these military benefits
- Handy references for women experiencing divorce, such as a checklist of the financial records you need to collect before your divorce as well as a Resource Contact List