Virginia Workers’ Compensation law is somewhat complicated – made even more so when employers or insurance carriers don’t exercise transparency. When you’ve sustained a serious injury on the job, and you’re left unable to continue taking care of your family, your main concerns will be how to quickly secure your Virginia workers’ comp check.
This is where an attorney at a law firm in Richmond, Virginia, comes in. A Workers’ Compensation lawyer will be able to:
- review your case;
- collect important evidence;
- advise you on possible legal options; and
- help prevent you from making mistakes that may make your workers’ comp benefits null and void.
For example, if you hurt your back while working at a construction site in the River District and miss a few of your scheduled doctors’ or chiropractic appointments, you may not know just how much that could damage your case.
Some of the common mistakes employees make after a work-related accident include:
- lying about past injuries;
- not following doctors’ orders;
- jumping at the first settlement they throw your way;
- believing the workers’ comp insurance carriers are on your side;
- not pursing a claim because the employer told you that you really don’t have a case;
- not notifying the employer of the injury within 30 days; and
- failing to file the workers’ comp claim within the allotted time period.
For questions about Virginia Workers’ Compensation law or how to go about getting the best settlement for your Virginia workers’ comp claim, consult with a reputable law firm in Richmond, Virginia.
Contact a Law Firm in Richmond, Virginia
When you have difficulties with your work-related injury claim, a Virginia workplace injury attorney can bear some of the burden you’ve been placed under. To get back on your feet, whether it means getting back to work or getting the benefits you deserve, order a copy of our free book, the Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia, and contact a workers’ comp attorney at the Injured Workers Law Firm for a no-cost consultation –804-755-7755.