For some people, if their Workers’ Comp injury is minor, they may not need to hire a lawyer to handle their claim settlement. For others with more extensive injuries, such as those sustained in serious work-related Richmond traffic accidents, a lawyer will prove extremely helpful in settling a claim.
There are several circumstances that usually necessitate an experienced Workers’ Comp injury attorney, such as if:
- you suffered a severe injury or a disability;
- you earned a significant amount prior to your accident;
- your physicians say you might not be able to return to work;
- you’ve been discriminated against as a result of filing your claim;
- there may be an applicable third-party claim outside of your employer;
- your employer or insurance company is pressuring you to resolve the matter quickly; or
- your claim has been denied.
When your much-needed benefits and livelihood are at stake, these more complex Workers’ Compensation settlement claims are just too important to risk handling on your own.
When people try filing their claim on their own, they can unwittingly damage their case, not to mention they will likely receive a lesser claim settlement than if they were to hire an attorney.
For any type of Workers’ Comp case in Richmond, from traffic accidents while performing job-related duties to repetitive stress injuries, consider working with a lawyer before going through with any settlement offer.
Contact an Attorney about Your Work Related Injury Claim
When you have difficulties with your work-related injury claim, a Virginia Workers’ Comp attorney can bear some of the burden you’ve been placed under. To get back on your feet, whether it means getting back to work or getting the benefits you deserve, order a copy of our free book, the Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia, and contact a workers’ comp attorney at the Injured Workers Law Firm for a no-cost consultation – 1-877-755-7744 or 1-804-755-7755.