At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Chester workers’ compensation attorneys are strong, committed advocates for the rights of employees who were hurt in the workplace. We are focused on ensuring that injured employees are able to access the full financial benefits owed to them under Virginia Commonwealth law. If you were hurt in the Job in Chesterfield County, our Chester workers’ comp lawyers are here to help. Call us now at (804) 755-7755 for your confidential case evaluation.
Injured at Work in Chester? Know Your Rights
Were you injured in the workplace in Chesterfield County? If so, it is essential that you have an in-depth understanding of your rights and obligations under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Here are three key things to know:
- Notice is Required: Injured workers must notify their employer that an accident took place. Prompt notice is a must. If you fail to tell your company or organization within one month (30 days), you may not be able to bring a claim for workers’ comp benefits.
- You Do Not Need to Prove Negligence: One of the most important things to know about workers’ comp is that benefits are paid on a no-fault basis. In other words, you have a right to recover workers’ comp benefits regardless of whether or not your employer was at fault for your injuries.
- Benefits Cover Medical Care and Wage Loss: As a baseline, workers’ compensation benefits are designed to ensure that injured workers have coverage for all necessary medical care and rehabilitative treatment. In addition, workers’ comp benefits also provide payments for lost wages if an injured employee in Chester, VA is forced to miss time on the job.
How Our Chester, VA Workers’ Comp Lawyers Can Help
Our founding attorney Michele Lewane has fought for the rights and interests of injured workers in Central Virginia for more than 30 years. She knows how insurance companies operate and she is prepared to begin working on your claim right away. More specifically, our Chester workers’ compensation attorneys will:
- Explain your rights and answer your questions during a confidential case evaluation;
- Organize your medical records and complete the workers’ comp paperwork; and
- Take immediate action to address any challenges that might arise in the claims process.
We are focused on providing useful information to injured workers. Prior to hiring a lawyer or talking to an insurance company representative, you should pick up your no cost copy of our ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia. It breaks down the entire workers’ comp claims process in an easy-to-understand format.
Call Our Chester, VA Workers’ Comp Attorneys for Legal Advice
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Chester workers’ comp lawyers are standing by, ready to get started on your case. If you have concerns about the workers’ comp process or your legal rights, our law firm can help. Contact us at (804) 755-7755 for a confidential, no obligation case evaluation. We represent injured workers in Chester and throughout Chesterfield County, including in Bon Air, Bellwood, Manchester, Ettrick, Rockwood, Meadowbrook, and Woodlake.