At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Virginia Beach workers’ compensation lawyers provide trustworthy, top-quality legal advocacy to our clients. We will work tirelessly to help to maximize your workers’ comp benefits. For a no-cost, strictly confidential initial consultation with an experienced Virginia Beach work injury attorney, please call us at (804) 755-7755 or send us a message directly online.
Virginia Workers’ Compensation: Understanding the Basics
The Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act requires almost every employer in the Commonwealth to provide workers’ comp insurance for employees. If you were hurt on the job, you have rights under the law. Here are five key things that you should know about workers’ compensation claims in Virginia Beach:
- You Must Report Your Injuries: Virginia law puts obligations on both employers and employees. As an injured worker, you have 30 days to notify your employer that you were injured. Tell your supervisor right away.
- You Must File a Claim: Telling your employer that you were hurt on the job is not enough. The next step is to complete and submit a workers’ compensation claim form. While there is a two-year statute of limitations, it is best to file a claim as soon as possible.
- Workers Comp Coverage is No Fault: You can recover workers’ compensation benefits even if your employer was not at-fault for your injuries. Fault is not a relevant factor in Virginia workers’ comp claims.
- A Variety of Benefits are Available: Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to full coverage of all medical treatment, payment for lost wages, and additional compensation for disfigurement or disability.
- You Can Appeal an Unfavorable Decision: If your Virginia Beach workers’ comp claim was denied by the workers compensation insurance carrier or you believe you are being offered less than you deserve, you have the right to seek additional compensation. Our attorneys can help.
For more information about Virginia’s workers’ compensation laws request a free copy of The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Why Choose the Virginia Beach Workers’ Comp Lawyers at the Injured Workers’ Law Firm
Founded by Michele Lewane, a Virginia workers’ compensation attorney with more than 25 years of experience, the Injured Workers’ Law Firm exists to help people get the medical treatment they need and the financial compensation they deserve. When you call our legal team, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Virginia Beach workers’ comp lawyer who will:
- Listen to your story and answer questions during a free initial consultation;
- Investigate your case—gathering all evidence and information; and
- Devise a personalized strategy focused on maximizing your financial benefits.
Our attorneys know that every work injury claim is different. We are highly selective in the number of cases we take on. You deserve personalized attention from a Virginia Beach workers’ comp lawyer who will put in the energy and resources to truly get you the best results.
Knowing what injuries you can receive workers’ compensation for can be very confusing. Our experienced attorneys have the experience you can trust. Here are just a few of the many injuries we can help you with at Injured Workers Law Firm:
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Hip and Knee Injuries
- Hand and Arm Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Denied Benefits
Contact Our Virginia Beach Workers’ Comp Attorneys for Help
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Virginia Beach workers’ comp attorneys have extensive experience advocating for the rights and interests of injured workers. If you or your family member was hurt on the job in Virginia Beach or in the surrounding Tidewater area, we are available to help. Contact us at (804) 755-7755 for a free, no obligation initial consultation. Our law firm represents injured workers in Virginia Beach and throughout the entire Hampton Roads region.