At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Alexandria workers’ comp attorneys have the professional skills and real-world knowledge that you can count on for high-level representation. Our practice is dedicated to advocacy for injured employees. If you or a person that you know was hurt on the job, we are ready to help you get the financial support that they need to pay your bills. Contact our legal team by calling 703-574-1980 Strictly confidential case reviews are available.
Northern Virginia office:
What to Know About Workers’ Compensation Claims in Alexandria, VA
As an employee working in Alexandria, you are protected by the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Here are some of the most important things to understand about workers’ compensation claims in Alexandria, Virginia:
- You Have a Legal Responsibility to Report an Accident: Virginia law requires injured workers to tell their company or organization about an accident. Make sure you tell your supervisor right away— otherwise you may struggle to get your claim paid.
- You Can File a Claim on a No-Fault Basis:An injured worker is not required to prove negligence or otherwise wrongful conduct by your employer to get compensation. Workers’ comp claims are not based on fault in Virginia.
- You Have a Right to Medical Coverage and Wage Loss Benefits:People hurt on the job in Alexandria must be able to get access to the full available financial support, including medical costs and wage replacement.
- You Can Appeal the Denial of a Workers’ Comp Claim:Was your workers’ compensation claim denied in Alexandria, VA? If so, you are not alone, employers and insurers may reject meritorious claims for a wide variety of reasons. You can appeal an unfavorable denial of your workers’ comp claim.
If you want to learn everything that you need to know about your legal rights and legal options after a workplace accident in Alexandria, please do not hesitate to pick up a free copy of our in-depth ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Why Workers Rely On Michele Lewane for Legal Representation in Northern Virginia
Workers’ compensation claims in Northern Virginia are complicated. If you have a lot of questions about what you need to do to protect your legal rights and financial interests, you are certainly not the only person feeling that way. We can help. Among other things, our Alexandria workers’ compensation attorneys will:
- Conduct an in-depth evaluation of your case—answering your questions;
- Gather the medical records and other information that you need to proceed;
- Handle the workers’ compensation paperwork; and
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with an insurance company
Contact Our Alexandria, VA Workers’ Comp Attorney Today
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Alexandria workers’ comp lawyers help clients get the financial support that they rightfully deserve under the law. If you or your family member was hurt while at work, we know how to protect your rights. Give us a call at 703-574-1980 or connect with us through our website for a completely confidential case assessment. We advocate for injured workers in Alexandria and throughout Northern Virginia, including in Arlington, Springfield, and Annandale.
Our Alexandria office is located at: