Fredericksburg Workers' Compensation Lawyers
GET HELP NOW
Fill out our form & we will call you shortly. Don’t forget to download your FREE guide!
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Fredericksburg workers’ comp attorneys are here to assist you with the workers’ compensation claims process. With a sole focus on representing injured workers and their families, our firm gets results. If you or someone you know was hurt on the job, we can help. For a fully private, no obligation review of your case, please contact our Fredericksburg workers’ compensation attorneys today.
An Overview of Virginia’s Workers’ Comp Laws
If you or your loved one suffered an injury, illness, or impairment in the workplace in Fredericksburg, it is imperative that you are aware of your rights under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Here are four key things to know:
- You Must Tell Your Employer: Virginia law puts obligations on both employers and employees. Injured workers have a duty to inform their employer that they were hurt on the job. Tell your supervisor immediately after an accident.
- You are Not Required to Prove Fault: Unlike personal injury lawsuits, fault is not a required element in a workers’ comp claim. You can get benefits even if your Fredericksburg employer was not at fault for your accident.
- Medical Coverage and Wage Replacement are the Basis of Your Claim: In most cases, the basis of a workers’ comp claim is medical coverage and wage loss benefits. Your insurance should cover all medical care that is necessary. Additionally, you are entitled to financial payments worth two-thirds of your average wage for the time you need to take off to recover from the accident.
- A Denial Can Be Appealed: For a number of different reasons, an initial workers’ comp claim may be denied. Do not give up on your right to compensation without a fight. Call our Fredericksburg, VA workers’ comp appeals lawyers for immediate assistance.
How Our Fredericksburg Workers’ Comp Attorneys Can Help
Dealing with the aftermath of a serious work-related accident is never easy. You need money to pay bills and support your loved ones. At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, we are focused on helping people get through the claims process. When you call us, you will be able to consult with a Fredericksburg workers’ comp attorney who can:
- Review your case and advise you on your rights/options during an initial consultation;
- Guide you through all of the workers’ compensation paperwork; and
- Take your case as far as needed to get results—including representing you on appeal.
Our founding attorney Michele Lewane has advocated for the rights and interests of injured workers for more than 30 years. Before you sign any documents related to your claim, be sure to pick up a free copy of our comprehensive ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Call Our Fredericksburg Workers’ Comp Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Fredericksburg workers’ comp lawyers fight hard to protect the rights and interests of clients. If you were hurt at work, we can help. Contact our workers’ comp team at (804) 755-7755 for a confidential case review. Our law firm represents injured workers in Fredericksburg and all over the region, including in Falmouth, Spotsylvania Courthouse, Southern Gateway, and Colonial Beach.