At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Fairfax workers’ compensation lawyers have the skills, knowledge, and experience to protect your rights and your benefits. We are more than ready to help you navigate the workers’ compensation claims process and maximize your financial benefits. For a free, no obligation consultation with a top-rated Virginia workers’ comp attorney, please call our Fairfax law office today.
Northern Virginia office:
Virginia Workers’ Compensation: An Overview
Under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act, the vast majority of employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance for their employers. Workers’ comp insurance exists to protect you in case something goes wrong and you are hurt at work. Here are four important things to know about workers’ compensation claims in Fairfax:
- Workers’ Comp Benefits are No-Fault Benefits: You are not required to prove that your employer was “at fault” for your injuries to be eligible to recover compensation. In Virginia, workers are covered by ‘no-fault’ insurance.
- You Need to Report Your Injury Immediately: Under Virginia law, injured workers have 30 days to notify their employer of a job-related injury or accident. Failure to do so could undermine your ability to recover benefits.
- Reporting an Accident is Not Sufficient: Notifying your supervisor is not the same thing as filing a claim. After you tell your employer, make sure you submit a workers’ compensation claim form with the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission. Although these claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations, it is best to start the claims process as soon as possible to protect your benefits.
- You Have the Right to Appeal: If your workers’ compensation claim was denied by the insurance adjuster or you were offered unfairly low benefits, you have the right to appeal to the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission. Our Fairfax, VA workers’ compensation lawyers are standing by, ready to help.
For more information about workers’ compensation laws in the state of Virginia request a free copy of the book written by attorney Michele Lewane, The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
You Can Rely On Fairfax Workers’ Comp Lawyers at the Injured Workers’ Law Firm
If you were hurt on the job and you are struggling to recover workers’ comp benefits, you need a skilled advocate in your corner. Founded by experienced Virginia workers’ compensation lawyer, Michele Lewane, the Injured Workers’ Law Firm exclusively handles workers’ comp cases. When you call our Fairfax office, you will have a chance to speak to a work injury attorney who can:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your work injury case;
- Answer questions and explain the workers’ comp claims process; and
- Take action to get you justice, the maximum financial benefits and the medical care that you need.
One of the things that sets us apart from other law firms is that we strictly limit the number of cases we take on. Your claim should never be rushed through the legal process. Our Fairfax workers’ compensation lawyers will put in the time, resources, and personal attention to get you the best results.
We have the experience you can depend on. There are many injuries that can happen at work. Here is a list of just a few of the injuries that we can help you gain compensation for:
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Hip and Knee Injuries
- Hand and Arm Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Denied Benefits
Call Our Fairfax Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Fairfax workers’ comp attorneys are committed to providing high-quality, personalized legal advocacy to injured workers and their families. If you or your loved one was hurt on the job in Fairfax, we are here to help. To set up a free, confidential initial consultation, please contact us at 703-574-1980. We represent injured workers in Fairfax and throughout Northern Virginia.
Our Northern Virginia office is located at: