Norfolk Workers' Compensation Lawyers
GET HELP NOW
Fill out our form & we will call you shortly. Don’t forget to download your FREE guide!
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Norfolk workers’ compensation lawyers know the financial strain that a serious on-the-job injury can put on a worker and their family. We are here to help you navigate the claims process and recover the full and fair benefits you deserve. If you have any questions or concerns about your rights or your options, our legal team is more than happy to help. To schedule a fully confidential initial consultation with a Norfolk, VA workers’ compensation attorney, please contact us today.
An Overview of Workers’ Comp Claims in Norfolk, Virginia
If you or your loved one was hurt while working for an employer in Norfolk, you have rights under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Here is a brief explanation of the key things to know about workers’ comp laws in the Commonwealth:
- All employees have a duty to notify their employer of an accident/injury. Tell your supervisor within 30 days. If you do not say anything, you could lose out on your chance to get workers’ compensation benefits.
- Workers are protected by Virginia’s no-fault workers’ comp insurance rules. Unlike a standard personal injury claim, you do not have to prove that your company was “negligent” or “to blame” to get workers’ comp payments.
- The benefits available through a claim will depend on several factors. As a baseline, injured workers in Norfolk are entitled to compensation for medical treatment and lost wages.
- You are not out of luck if you got a bad initial decision. You have the right to bring a workers’ comp appeal in Norfolk.
How Our Norfolk Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help
Virginia’s workers’ comp claims process is notoriously complex. Unfortunately, many injured workers have trouble getting the benefits they rightfully deserve. Michele Lewane is focused on helping the hardworking people of Norfolk get the full and fair financial support that they are owed under Commonwealth law. Among other things, our Norfolk workers’ comp attorneys will:
- Answer your questions and provide a step-by-step explanation of what you need to do;
- Take care of the workers’ comp paperwork and gather all relevant documents/evidence; and
- Bring your workers’ comp claims as far as needed to maximize your benefits.
If you are feeling confused or overwhelmed by the workers’ compensation claims process, you are far from alone. Our Norfolk attorneys put an emphasis on educating people of the rights and legal options. Before you sign anything or speak to an insurance company, please get your free copy of our latest e-book: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Call Our Norfolk, VA Workers’ Comp Attorneys for Legal Guidance
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Virginia workers’ comp lawyers are passionate, experienced advocates for our clients. If you have questions about workers’ compensation applications or appeals, we are here to help. Contact us at (804) 755-7755 for a completely confidential case evaluation. We fight for the rights and interests of injured workers in Norfolk and throughout all of Hampton Roads.