At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Chesapeake workers’ compensation attorneys are devoted advocates for workers and their families. We will get to work when you can’t. If you or your loved one was hurt while at work in Hampton Roads, our Chesapeake workers’ comp lawyers are ready to help. Call us at (804) 755-7755 or use our online contact form for a strictly private case evaluation.
Injured on the Job in Chesapeake? What to Know About Your Rights
If you or someone close to you was hurt in the workplace in Chesapeake, VA, you have important legal rights (and duties) under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Here are three things to know about Commonwealth law:
- 30 Days to Give Notice to Your Employer: Under Virginia’s workers’ comp laws, an employee must give proper notice of their injuries/illness to their employer or supervisor within 30 days. Should you fail to tell your employer, you could be denied an opportunity to recover benefits.
- Ability to Recover Benefits on a No-Fault Basis: Unlike personal injury lawsuits, workers’ comp claims are not based on negligence. You can access workers’ comp benefits as long as your injury occurred in the course and scope of your employment—you are not required to prove that your employer was at-fault for your accident.
- The Right to Challenge an Adverse Finding: Unfortunately, some injured workers in the Hampton Roads region struggle to get the full and fair workers’ comp benefits that they are rightfully entitled to under Virginia law. You have the right to challenge an unfavorable decision. If your workers’ comp benefits were denied in Chesapeake, contact an experienced Virginia work injury lawyer for immediate assistance.
How Our Chesapeake, VA Workers’ Comp Attorney Can Help
Created by Michele Lewane, a workers’ comp lawyer with more than three decades of experience, the Injured Workers’ Law Firm provides exclusive representation to people who were hurt on the job. We know how to hold insurers accountable. Among other things, our Chesapeake workers’ comp lawyers will:
- Carefully review your case and answer your questions during an initial consultation;
- Organize medical records and other evidence;
- Handle all of the workers’ comp claims paperwork; and
- Take proactive steps to overcome any hurdles that might stand in your path.
Before you hire a legal representative or talk to an insurance adjuster, we encourage you to get a free copy of our in-depth ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia. It provides comprehensive, easy-to-understand explanations of the most important things that Chesapeake, VA workers need to know about the claims process.
Call Our Chesapeake Workers’ Comp Lawyers for Immediate Assistance
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, we have deep experience handling workers comp claims. Our Chesapeake worker injury lawyers are fundamentally focused on doing what is best for injured workers. If you have questions about the process, our legal team is here to get you answers. Contact us at (804) 755-7755 for a fully confidential appointment with a lawyer. We represent injured workers in Chesapeake and all over the Hampton Roads area.