At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Newport News workers’ comp attorneys are committed to providing the top degree of representation to employees and their families. If you or someone close to you was hurt at work, we are more than ready to help. You do not have to go through the legal claims process alone. Call our Virginia workers’ comp attorneys at (804) 755-7755 to set up a confidential initial appointment.
Hurt at Work in Newport News? Know Your Rights Under Virginia Law
If you were injured while on the job in Newport News, you have legal rights under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. The law requires virtually all businesses, nonprofit organizations, and other employers to provide coverage to their employees. Here is an overview of your rights and responsibilities under the statute:
- Notification Requirement: You should report your workplace injury to your Newport News based employer as soon as possible. Virginia law requires injured workers to notify their supervisor no later than one month (30 days) after the accident.
- No-Fault Insurance Coverage: Unlike most personal injury claims, you are not legally required to document that your employer was careless, reckless, negligent, or otherwise caused your accident. In Virginia, workers’ compensation claims are ‘no-fault’—if you suffered harm on the job, you can apply for financial support.
- Comprehensive Benefits: There are multiple types of workers’ comp benefits. To start, all medical care related to your accident and recovery should be covered. Additionally, you can get partial wage replacement benefits for any time you are forced to miss.
- The Right to Appeal: If your employer or the insurance company denied your claim, you still have options available—but you should act quickly. Call our Newport News, VA workers’ comp appeals lawyer today for immediate help with your case.
Newport News Workers’ Comp Attorney Michele Lewane Gets to Work When You Can’t
With deep ties to the community, Michele Lewane has a true passion for protecting the rights of workers. She has handled workers’ comp claims for more than three decades. Our team is prepared to begin working on your case as soon as you get in touch. Specifically, our Newport News workers’ comp lawyers will:
- Conduct an in-depth review of your workers’ compensation claim;
- Gather your medical records and handle all of the paperwork; and
- Take all necessary steps to maximize your workers’ comp benefits.
You need to know how to protect yourself and your legal rights. Before you talk to a doctor or sign any documents, our Newport News workers’ comp team encourages you to get a no cost copy of our exclusive ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Call Our Newport News Workers’ Comp Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Newport News workers’ comp attorneys possess the skills, legal expertise, and passion to get you results. If you have questions about your rights, we will get you answers. Contact our work injury team now at (804) 755-7755 for a confidential case evaluation. We fight hard to protect the rights of injured employees in Newport News and all over the wider Hampton Roads region.