Tuckahoe Workers' Compensation Lawyers
GET HELP NOW
Fill out our form & we will call you shortly. Don’t forget to download your FREE guide!
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Tuckahoe workers’ comp attorneys are passionate, experienced advocates for people hurt on the job. Our law firm is devoted to helping clients navigate through the complexities of the workers’ compensation claims process. If you were hurt in the workplace, we are here to make sure your case is handled the right way. Call us at (804) 755-7755 for a strictly confidential initial consultation.
An Overview of Workers’ Compensation Claims in Tuckahoe, VA
All employers in Tuckahoe are required to comply with the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Commonwealth law provides important legal protections to workers. Here are some of the key things to know about workers’ compensation claims in Tuckahoe, Virginia:
- A Work Injury Must Be Reported:Virginia law requires all workers to report accidents in a timely manner. If you do not tell your employer/supervisor that you were hurt on the job, you may be prevented from getting compensation.
- A No-Fault Standard of Liability:In contrast to a personal injury claim, you have no obligation to prove that your employer (or any other party) was at fault for your workplace accident. Virginia workers’ comp claims are no-fault legal cases.
- A Range of Benefits are Available:There are multiple types of workers’ comp benefits available. For most claims, the basis is medical coverage and wage loss benefits. A Tuckahoe lawyer can help ensure you get access to all available financial support.
- A Denial Can Be Appealed:Sadly, some people hurt while on the job struggle to recover the full financial support that they are due. If your workers’ compensation claim was denied in Tuckahoe, VA, you have a right to appeal the unfavorable decision.
Do you want to learn more about your legal rights? Before you move forward in the claims process, we strongly encourage you to request a free edition of our comprehensive e-book: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
How Virginia Workers’ Comp Advocate Michele Lewane Can Help
Dealing with the aftermath of a serious workplace accident can be stressful and frustrating. You need money to pay your bills. With over three decades of industry experience, our lead attorney Michele Lewane is here to help you every step of the way. Among other things, our Tuckahoe workers’ comp lawyers are prepared to:
- Answer any questions you have about your rights/options during a consultation;
- Gather medical records, vocational records, and complete all of the legal paperwork; and
- Take immediate action to help you overcome obstacles—including filing an appeal if needed.
Call Our Tuckahoe, VA Workers’ Comp Attorney for Immediate Assistance
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Tuckahoe workers’ comp lawyers have the professional experience that you can count on for results. If you or your family member was hurt on the job, we are here to help. Call us at (804) 755-7755 or connect with us online to set up your case evaluation. We represent injured workers in Tuckahoe and throughout Henrico County, including in Wyndham, Short Pump, Glen Allen, Highland Springs, Chamberlayne, and Dumbarton.