At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Reston workers’ comp attorneys have the skills, knowledge, and tenacity that you can count on for results. With an exclusive focus on workers’ compensation claims, our goal is to get you the full financial compensation you need to get back on your feet. If you have any questions about the workers’ comp claims process, we are ready and willing to help. To schedule a confidential case evaluation with a Virginia work injury lawyer, please contact us today.
An Overview of Workers’ Comp Claims in Virginia
Under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act, most employers in the Commonwealth are required to carry workers’ comp insurance coverage for their employees. Workers’ comp is designed to be a trade-off. It ensures that injured workers have access to coverage for medical bills and lost income. In exchange, employers are protected against personal injury lawsuits. Here are four specific things workers in Reston, VA should know about workers’ comp claims:
- Reporting Requirement: Virginia law requires injured workers to notify their employer of their accident within 30 days. Make sure you tell your supervisor if you get hurt on the job.
- Coverage is No-Fault: You do not have to prove employer negligence to recover workers’ comp benefits. You can file a claim regardless of why the accident occurred. Compensation is available even if the employer was not at fault.
- Several Types of Benefits: Through a workers’ comp claim, you can seek compensation for medical coverage and lost earnings. For more serious injuries, additional financial support may also be available.
- Appeal Rights: Unfortunately, some injured workers struggle to get access to full and fair financial benefits. You also have the right to appeal. If your workers’ comp claim was denied, contact our Reston workers’ comp appeal lawyers for immediate help.
How Our Reston Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help
The Injured Workers’ Law Firm was founded by Virginia workers’ compensation attorney Michele Lewane with a focus on protecting the rights of people who need help the most. Your case should be handled with respect, compassion, and the highest level of professional skill. Among other things, our Reston, VA workers’ compensation attorneys will:
- Listen to your story and provide a step-by-step explanation of the claims process;
- Gather information, complete all paperwork, and handle correspondence with insurers; and
- Take your workers’ comp case as far as needed to maximize your financial recovery.
We want to make sure that employees have all the tools and resources that they need to protect their best interests after a workplace accident. If you are getting started with the process, we encourage you to get your free copy of the latest edition of our e-book: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Call Our Reston, VA Workers’ Comp Attorneys for Immediate Help
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Reston work injury lawyers are experienced, trustworthy advocates for people who have been hurt on the job. Do you have questions about your rights or options? We can help. Call us at (804) 755-7755 or reach out to us online to schedule a confidential review of your workers’ comp claim or appeal. We represent workers in Reston and throughout the surrounding area in Fairfax County.