Charlottesville Workers' Compensation Lawyers
GET HELP NOW
Fill out our form & we will call you shortly. Don’t forget to download your FREE guide!
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Charlottesville workers’ compensation attorneys have the legal skills and professional experience that you can trust. Our legal team gets to work when you can’t. If you or someone you know was injured while at work, we are here to protect your rights. To arrange your fully confidential, no-commitment consultation with a top-rated Charlottesville workers’ comp lawyer, please give us a call at (804) 755-7755 or contact us directly online.
Your Guide to the Workers’ Comp Laws in Virginia
If you or your family member was hurt while on the job in Charlottesville, you have rights under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Here are four key things to be aware of the workers’ comp claims process in the Commonwealth:
- Notice: After a work-related accident, it is imperative that you seek immediate medical attention. Nothing should come before your health and well-being. The next most important thing you need to do is to notify your employer that you suffered an injury or developed an illness. Virginia law requires workers to notify their employer as soon as possible.
- No-Fault: Workers’ comp insurance is designed to cover work-related injuries and illnesses. In contrast to personal injury claims, “fault” is not a required element. You do not have to demonstrate that your Charlottesville employer was negligent to bring a claim.
- Benefits: The primary purpose of workers’ compensation insurance is to ensure that you have your medical needs taken care of and that you can access wage replacement benefits while you take time off to recover. Virginia workers’ comp covers all reasonable and necessary medical treatment and provides payment of two-thirds of a claimant’s average weekly wage for the days they are forced to miss.
- Appeal Rights: Getting a workers’ comp claim approved can sometimes prove to be a difficult task. If your claim was denied, you have the right to appeal that unfavorable decision. Contact our Charlottesville, VA workers’ comp appeals lawyers for immediate help.
How Our Charlottesville Workers’ Comp Attorneys Can Help
The workers’ comp claims process is not easy. It is normal to have questions about exactly what you need to do to get financial benefits. At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, we are here to help you navigate the system. Among other things, our Charlottesville workers’ comp lawyers are prepared to
- Provide an in-depth, confidential review and evaluation of your case;
- Walk you through all of the workers’ comp claims paperwork; and
- Go as far as needed to get you the best results— including handling an appeal.
We offer fully personalized workers’ compensation representation to every client. Our firm believes strongly in educating people on their rights. As a first step in the process, we encourage you to pick up a no-cost, no-obligation copy of our ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Contact Our Charlottesville, VA Workers’ Comp Lawyers Today
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Charlottesville workers’ comp lawyers are strong, skilled advocates for people hurt on the job. Give us a call at (804) 755-7755 or reach out to us through our contact form to set up your fully private initial consultation. We represent injured workers throughout Central Virginia, including in Charlottesville and Albemarle County.