Get your mileage reimbursement.


Currently, an injured worker can get mileage to and from medical treatment.  Sometimes, injured workers may think it is too much paperwork only to get 50 ½ cents per mile reimbursed.  However, there is a very easy way to do it.  After you’ve accumulated some mileage, you simply call the medical provider’s billing department and request the bill payment history.  Insurance adjusters won’t accept appointment cards, etc. because it does not “prove” that you were actually at the doctor’s office on that day.  So, the easiest way is just to get the bill payment history.  Then, you go online to MapQuest.  If you don’t have access to the internet at home, you can go to your public library and go to MapQuest.  Type in your home address, or work place if that’s where you were before you went to your doctor’s appointment, and type in the doctor’s office address.  This will give you the exact mileage.  Remember to double the mileage since it is a round trip.  This way, you don’t have to count your miles every time or press the odometer every time you go back and forth to the doctor.

If you have never requested mileage reimbursement, you can go from the date of your accident forward.  Attach the bill payment history to the mileage chart, make a copy, and mail it to the insurance adjuster.  If you have not received your mileage reimbursement within three weeks, I would recommend calling and confirming that they had received it and they are processing the request.