If you’ve suffered a work injury in Virginia and your employer has committed workman’s comp fraud you might not receive the benefits you’re legally entitled to. If this happens, a Richmond Workers’ Compensation attorney can help you file a claim to take legal action against your employer. In the meantime, you should also report workman’s comp fraud to the proper authorities.
How to Report Employer Workman’s Comp Fraud
It’s important to have the support of an attorney on your side to make sure that your report is filed correctly and accurately:
- contact your state’s department of labor and ask for the appropriate forms to report fraud;
- contact your state’s board of insurance to alert them of your employer’s transgressions;
- keep all medical records and correspondence or paperwork filed with your workplace dealing with your work injury in Virginia;
- collect eye witness reports from other employees or customers who may have seen the workman’s comp fraud happen; and
- hire an experienced Richmond Workers’ Compensation attorney to guide you through the process.
When you’ve been injured at work and you haven’t been given the compensation you deserve, your employer may be committing workman’s comp fraud. It’s imperative you speak to a Richmond Workers’ Compensation attorney as soon as possible.
Contact an Attorney about Your Work Related Injury Claim
When you have difficulties with your work-related injury claim, a Virginia workers’ comp attorney can bear some of the burden you’ve been placed under. To get back on your feet, whether it means getting back to work or getting the benefits you deserve, order a copy of our free book, the Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia, and contact a workers’ comp attorney at the Injured Workers Law Firm for a no-cost consultation – 877-755-7744 or 804-755-7755.