If you are injured on your job, it is often necessary to consult a lawyer. This is especially the case if you have a severe injury or has resulted in a permanent impairment. Call a lawyer if the following happens:
- If you did your own hearing and lost, you need to consult a lawyer regarding an appeal but give your lawyer ample time before your hearing to do the due diligence.
- If you have suffered a number of injuries in your accident and the claims adjuster sends you an agreement form that does not cover all your injuries, you need to consult a lawyer.
- If your claim is denied by the claims adjuster, you need to consult a lawyer.
- If the claims adjuster has filed a request for a hearing with the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission, then you need to consult a lawyer. This is a big red flag
- If you given interrogatories, then you need to consult a lawyer.
- If you get a settlement, you need to consult a lawyer.
- If the claims adjuster calls you and wants to take a recorded statement, you should consult a lawyer.
- If you are being video taped by a private detective, you need to consult a lawyer. When your injury is serious enough that it requires you to be out of work for an extended period of time, you almost certainly will be under surveillance by a private detective who will probably follow you around taking video footage of your activities. Because of the strong likelihood of being followed, you should assume that you are being followed and act accordingly.
- If the claims adjuster refuses payment of a medical bill you incurred as a result of your accident, then you need to consult an lawyer.
- If the claims adjuster refuses to authorize reasonable and necessary medical treatment, then it may be necessary to consult a lawyer.
Finally, claimants need to be aware that lawyers specialize like doctors. Thus, one should not just consult any lawyer but preferably consult one who specializes in workers compensation law. The Injured Workers’ Law Firm does only Workers’ Compensation in the state of Virginia. We know what we are talking about. We won’t waste your time or make you jump through hoops for nothing. Get Free book “Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia” by calling us at 1-877-755-7744
About the Author: Injured Workers Law Firm
The Injured Workers Law Firm is a Richmond, Virginia based firm solely focused on serving clients with workers' compensation claims in Virginia. If you have questions about your benefits or if you would like more information on the Virginia Workers’ Compensation system, order our book, “The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia” , or call our office today (804) 755-7755.