At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Fairfax workers’ compensation attorneys are experienced, trustworthy representatives for employees who were hurt on the job. The workers’ comp claims process can be difficult to navigate—you are not alone. If you or your family member sustained a concussion at work, we will protect your rights. Call our Virginia work injury law firm today at (804) 755-7755 for immediate help with your case.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) and Workers’ Comp in Virginia
If you or your loved one suffered a concussion/TBI on the job, you have legal rights under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. Businesses and nonprofit organizations that operate in Fairfax are required to carry workers’ comp coverage. Here are some key things to know about your rights:
- You Must Report Your Head Injury: The Virginia workers’ comp law requires injured employees to report their job-related accident to their employee within 30 days. Failure to notify an employee could undermine your ability to file a claim.
- You Have a Right to No-Fault Coverage: You do not have to prove that your company or organization was negligent to get compensation. In Virginia, workers’ compensation claims are no-fault.
- You Deserve Workers’ Comp Benefits: A worker who sustained a traumatic brain injury while on the job in Fairfax is entitled to benefits for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment and for lost wages. A lawyer can help you maximize your financial recovery.
- You Can Appeal a Denial: Unfortunately, some injured workers struggle to navigate the claims process. If your claim was unfairly denied by the insurance company, you can appeal. Call our Fairfax workers’ comp lawyers now to get help with your appeal.
How Our Fairfax Workers’ Comp Attorney Can Help Protect Your Rights
Our founding attorney Michele Lewane has more than 30 years of experience fighting for the rights of injured workers. With a history of handling concussion and TBI cases, we are ready to get started on your claim immediately. Among other things, our Fairfax workers’ comp lawyers will:
- Review your concussion accident, answer your questions, and explain the process;
- Gather medical records and complete the workers’ comp paperwork; and
- Take action to overcome any obstacles that arise during the claims process.
We pride ourselves on giving workers the information that they need to protect themselves and their family. If you are just beginning the claims process, we strongly encourage you to pick up a free edition of your comprehensive ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Contact Our Fairfax, VA Concussion Accident Attorney Today
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Fairfax workers’ comp lawyer is a tireless, reliable advocate for employees and their families. If you or someone close to you suffered a serious traumatic brain injury at work, we are available to help. Contact us at (804) 755-7755 for a strictly private case evaluation. Our firm provides workers’ comp services in Fairfax and all over the surrounding area in Northern Virginia, including in Fair Oaks, Herdon, Falls Church, and Mcnair.