Virginia Beach Concussion Lawyer
GET HELP NOW
Fill out our form & we will call you shortly. Don’t forget to download your FREE guide!
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Virginia Beach work injury attorneys have a deep understanding of the claims process. We are focused on helping injured employees in Hampton Roads get the full medical and financial benefits due to them under the law. If you or your family member suffered a concussion on the job, professional support is available. Call us at (804) 755-7755 to arrange a completely confidential consultation with a top Virginia Beach workers’ compensation lawyer
Concussions and Work Injuries in Virginia: Know Your Rights
The Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act requires the overwhelming majority of companies and organizations in Virginia Beach to provide work injury coverage to their staff. Here are four things to know about your rights if you suffered a head injury while on the job:
- Report Your Concussion: Commonwealth law requires injured workers to notify their employer of their accident within one month (30 days). If you do not tell your employer about your concussion, you may not be able to recover benefits.
- No-Fault Claim: You are not required to prove that your employer was “at fault” for your concussion to bring a claim. Virginia workers’ comp insurance is ‘no-fault’. If you suffered a head injury on the job, you can apply for benefits.
- Medical and Wage Loss Benefits: There are several types of workers’ comp benefits. Most importantly, your medical care is covered and you can seek financial support to help cover lost wages.
- You Can Appeal a Denial: Sadly, some injured workers struggle to get benefits for their concussion accident injuries. If your workers’ comp claim was denied in Virginia Beach, you should appeal immediately. Our work injury attorneys can help you prepare and file an appeal.
Virginia Beach Workers’ Comp Lawyer Michele Lewane Gets to Work When You Can’t
Work injury claims are complicated—particularly for workers dealing with the aftermath of a concussion. We are here to walk with you every step of the way. Among other things, our Virginia Beach workers’ compensation attorneys are prepared to:
- Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your concussion accident injury case;
- Handle the paperwork and correspondence with insurers; and
- Take all necessary steps to maximize your workers’ comp benefits.
We strive to provide all workers with the resources that they need to successfully navigate the claims process. If you are getting started with your case and you want more information, please request a no cost copy of our ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia.
Contact Our Virginia Beach, VA Concussion Accident Attorney Today
At Injured Workers’ Law Firm, our Virginia Beach work injury lawyers fight hard to protect the rights of people who were hurt at work. If you or your loved one suffered a concussion/TBI on the job, we are ready and willing to help. Give us a call at (804) 755-7755 or send us a direct message for a confidential initial appointment with a lawyer. Our workers’ comp law firm represents people in families in Virginia Beach and all over the surrounding communities.