Reversing a denied Virginia Workers’ Compensation claim may seem like an impossible task. However, with qualified legal help, you may be able to do it. To learn what your rights are and if you would benefit from legal counsel, contact a Richmond, Virginia, attorney immediately.

The appeals process can seem like a daunting endeavor. But it may be worth it if you were injured seriously while on the job, especially if the injury has led to disability.

Although it may seem that the insurance company’s decision is the final one, you may have the right to appeal. The specifics of how this works may vary state-to-state, but there are some general things you can expect.

In the commonwealth of Virginia, you will be dealing with the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission. This is where the dispute is handled. Depending on the specifics, it may then go to a hearing.

At the hearing, the deputy commissioner makes a decision. If the claimant doesn’t agree, then an appeal will be filed. You have only 30 days to file an appeal.

From there, the case could end up in Virginia’s Court of Appeals. If the claimant doesn’t agree with that decision, it can go as far as the commonwealth’s Supreme Court. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean your case will be heard.

When you are facing any type of Workers’ Compensation reversal, you may have a lot of questions that can only be answered by knowledgeable legal counsel. Speak with a Richmond, Virginia, attorney who has experience handling Virginia Workers’ Compensation claims.

Contact a Richmond, Virginia, Attorney about Your Workers’ Compensation Claim  

When you have difficulties with your Workers’ Compensation claim, a Virginia Workers’ Comp lawyer can bear some of the burden you’ve been placed under. To get back on your feet, whether it means getting back to work or getting the benefits you deserve, order a copy of our free book, the Ultimate Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Virginia, and contact a Workers’ Comp attorney at the Injured Workers Law Firm for a no-cost consultation – 1-877-755-7744 or 1-804-755-7755.